Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Canary

I was on PTO (paid time off or vacation/sick leave here in the Phils. hehe ang lakas lang maka-sosyal ng dating pag sinabi mong "I'm on PTO" hehe kasi sa pagkakaalam ko, sa US madalas gamitin yan, dun sa amin...hahahhaa kayabangan!) on Feb 14, 2013.  Not because it was Valentine's day (but part of it, yeah!), because it was my son's First Speaking Contest (Gandang pakinggan pero tutula po siya nyan..hehehe).  He memorized this piece....

The Canary
by: Elizabeth Turner
 
Mary had a little bird,
With feathers bright and yellow;
Slender legs upon my word,
He was a pretty fellow.
 
Sweetest notes he always sang,
which much delighted Mary;
Often where his cage was hang,
She sat to hear Canary.
 
Crumbs of bread and dainty seeds,
She carried to him daily;
Seeking for the early weeds,
She decked his palace gaily.
 
This, my little readers learn, and
ever practice duly;
Songs and Smiles of love return to
friends who love you truly.
 
Of course, ehem ehem! nanay taught him how to memorize it.hehehe I even recorded my voice reciting this poem in my ipad so he could listen to it before sleeping, I bought him his own earphones to motivate him more to memorize the poem.  Tyagaan, we try to memorize 2 lines per day.  Teacher gave the piece in Dec in time for Christmas vacation so we could start memorizing it until the event day, Feb 14. (sobrang tagal ng practice-an no? could you imagine gaano kadaming kulitan, utuan (hehehe) ang gagawin para lang mamemorize ito.) I'm so proud of kuya kiel because sometimes, he was the one initiating our memorization session.  Sometimes, while we're eating or about to sleep, he will surprise us by reciting this poem! Good Job anak! You're so competitive talagang, manang mana ka sa pinagmanahan..hehehe :)  Keep it up anak! :)

Eto ang video nya, the moment na umakyat kami ng stage (syempre kasama ang nanay sa stage, kasi bitbit ko ang props..hehe itatayo ko palang yung props nya, hala, biglang nagrecite na, di pa ko nakakababa ng stage to take a video, di ko tuloy nasimulan...) excited anak??? hehehe

 
 I almost forgot, he won! :) so proud nanay and tatay.



No comments:

Post a Comment