Monday, August 29, 2016

Family Time over Other things

It's been a long while since I had my last blog entry.  It was about my #sepanx (separation anxiety) moment with my former employer.  I thought I could have more time to write since I will no longer have a 9-hour regular office work everyday.  But I was wrong, I was fooled by my thoughts of having more "me" time, more time to write about life, motherhood, challenges etc. etc.

Then, I became an SAHM (stay at home mom) from Feb to Apr 2016, I never had a time to check my blogsite (naks! pumi-feeling blogger talaga haha, hayaan na, pagbigyan!) and sit down to organize my thoughts then let it document here.  This never happened.

Fast forward, I started a new job last May 2016 then I quit effective July 29.  This was too fast, yeah I know.  So many realizations, I thought I can let my day pass without kissing my sons "good night", I thought I can let them do their homework without my supervision, I thought I can let them review on their own during quizzes, exams.  This time, I was right, my kids were able to do their homework, review their lessons on their own but I felt guilty about it, I never had a quality time with them after office hours (super duper extended working hours).  Aside from my nanay duties, my duties as a wife had suffered already. So I realized there's something wrong, I need to do something about it.  So, finally, I realized my priority is my family.  I will never trade my family time for a well-compensated job but offers me to have little time to spend with the people I love the most.  I decided to quit my job at that time.

Looking forward to work again with my former employer.  Yeah you read it right, "with my former employer".

No comments:

Post a Comment